Monday, January 24, 2011

Start your engines

So here I am... writting in my first and surely last blog.

Since I was young, my dream job was being a video games developer. I spent my whole life designing games each time I could, being always the "master" when playing rpg games with my friends, being the first and the last one reading the manuals of boarding games... and after, in the university, each project, each homework, each program I had to develop finished in any sort of video game.

Six or seven months ago I found myself unemployed, sharing a rent flat with my girlfriend and not having incomes. Fortunatly, we were able to keep some money and so far we are surviving with that. We are having some part timer works, like teaching provate lessons, and with that we can survive few months more.

So, I found myself few months ago unemployed, with the economical crisis hiting hard in Spain, being impossible to find a job if you are a more or less experienced C++ programmer (not java, that's easy to find :P)... and with the possibility to develop videogames por mobile phones.

I always envied the video games situation twenty years ago in USA, where people in north america could program and develop their own commercial video games from their home. Just one or two programmers where able to develop their games... how lucky. But when I started to program it was pretty difficult, and more in a country like Spain (always two steps behind all the important european countries), where there are not so many companies.

Then, the possibility to program in a mobile phone appeared. Nowadays it can be like twenty years ago in north america, just one programmer can develop his video game and try to sell it on the online stores... it was the perfect mix. My necessity of incomes, the difficulty to find a job (still searching, by the way), all the time of being unemployed... and a dream.

So I started, with the help of my girlfriend (she will take care of the graphics) and step by step it's going a bit further. Well, I spend all my time programming but it's ok, who needs free time? :P Let's follow "the rule of the three W" (work, work and work) and let's see what happens.

And now I create my first and last blog, where I will be posting the news of the videogame, pictures, videos... any sort of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment